2016年8月3日星期三

My Three Favorite Books Being Made Into Movies

Recently, more and more novels were made into movies. I have selected three of my favorites, which are After you by Jojo MoyesIf I stay by Gayle Forman and The girl from the train by Paula Hawkins respectively, to share here.




I would not prefer to write much about content of stories. If you are looking for some book reviews with much content about the books, my writing style may not fit yours.

After you by Jojo Moyes

“How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living?”

Lou was an ordinary girl with simple life with her family. She was employed by Will' s patent to give positive emotions and happiness to Will, who was a handicapped person after the accident. After she spent six months with Will, she was pursuing her new life from the United Kingdom to Paris without him.


If I stay by Gayle Forman


If I stay - back


“Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.”

Mia had faced tough decision between leaving her boyfriend or her family and friends. However, a sudden automobile incident had killed her parents and younger brother. If I Stay is a story talking about Mia, a seventeen-year- old cellist, considering live with cello or join her family in death. It was a love story with music elements. Some romantic scenes about music were appeared in the book.


The girl from the train by Paula Hawkins

Rachel took the same train every morning for recalling her memories about previous homes with her ex-husband. Rachel was always a drunk person in the story.


Brief Book Reviews for three books

Firstly, the plots and characters of three books are good. Both three books had a good character, like Lou and Will in After you, Mia in If I stay and Rachel in The Girl from the train. The author tried to describe an abnormal person in The Girl on train. However, some situation of The Girl on the train was a bit unrealistic for me.

Secondly, there were many emotional elements to get the awareness of readers. For instance, the attitude change of Will in After you.

After reading for these three books, it is time to reflect our current life should be and how we can plan for our future. Furthermore, we have learnt how to overcome the difficulties in your daily life. If you were characters in books, will you have same decision with them? Anyway, I would recommend these three books to all of you.

The ending of After you and If a stay are quite unexpected and depressing.

If you would like to know more about these three books, it is time to explore by yourself.

(This article was originally written as a guest post for another blog. Unfortunately, the owner of the blog rejected my post. I was a bit disappointed.)

歡迎留言或以電郵聯絡:cfoodtravel@gmail.com

免責聲明: 本文章所發表的全部內容均屬個人意見及感受,並不代表該品牌/公司之言論及立場。如需協助或希望獲得更多有關產品資訊,請直接聯絡該品牌/公司查詢或尋求相關專業意見。如從而引起任何損失或法律糾紛,本人概不負責。

如希望看到更多即時分享及參加抽獎,請讚好卡米拉玩樂食記粉絲專頁,謝謝!
Share:
位置: 香港

11 則留言:

  1. Great picks on the books and very well written. What intrigued me the most is the girl on the train. I haven't read this book yet but you have sparked my curiosity :) Thanks for sharing!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Let's read it if have time. Looking forward for your sharing about it.

      刪除
  2. I think like you some books doesn't need too much explain. I know is not easy when you loose somebody. I wish to read this book

    回覆刪除
  3. I read The girl from the train so I'm very curious if movie will as same good. I saw trailer so I'm waiting for it:) After to you I want to see movie. If I stay I watched and as I know there should be part II :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Up to now, the girl on the train have not released in Hong Kong. I am also looking forward for it.

      刪除
  4. All fantastic books! I loved 'If I Stay' and I thought the movie was equally as heartbreaking as the book!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thank you for your comments. I have not see the movie. I will review the movie if have time.

      刪除
  5. These seem like books I might find interesting to read during the summer. Books that invoke a lot sentimental emotions are often good in making the readers reflect on their own lives. I might check out these books in my local bookstore.

    With Love, Grace 💮
    (from www.TheGracefulMist.com)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thank you for your comments. Looking forward for your sharing.

      刪除
  6. These books seem interesting. Amazing reviews I must say! I'll definitely look forward to read these as well as watch the movies. :)

    回覆刪除